The kiz account and what it’s for
The kiz account comprises a bundle of service subscriptions which give you access to the different services of the kiz (Communication and Information Centre). We offer a basic version with mandatory subscriptions as well as additional subscriptions, some of which are subject to a fee. Not every user group has access to the same subscriptions.
Mandatory subscriptions (basic bundle)
- Front-end authentication service (access to IDM self-services)
- Access to campus network of Ulm University via WLAN (eduroam & welcome), VPN
- Higher Education Services Portal study & teaching
- Email account on kiz email server
- E-learning platform Moodle
- Library account: loan of books and other media, inter-library loan orders, orders of copies of articles and more
- Active Directory Account (login for Windows PC clusters)
- Login for Unix servers / computer servers
- Login for Linux PC clusters
- Access to the service Web Classic
- Printing at kiz PC clusters
- Printing on all central kiz laser and poster printers
|library account only|
|upon request through|
|upon request through|
Information for ...
Students receive their kiz account automatically with their enrolment. You can find your login details (user name, initial password, email address) on the info sheet that you received together with your enrolment documents.
Depending on your field of study (e.g. Computer Science), your Faculty might create additional accounts for you that are not part of the kiz services. Your Faculty will be able to tell you more.
The accounts are deactivated one month after termination of enrolment.
Staff receive their kiz account automatically at the beginning of their employment. You can find your login details (user name, initial password, email address) on the info sheet that you received either together with the other documents at the beginning of your employment or separately via internal mail.
The account is deactivated four months after termination of employment or upon loss of eligibility.
Only members and affiliates of the University are eligible for a kiz account. Eligibility for a kiz account is generally defined by the EDP systems of the University and the University Hospital (HIS, SAP), where the identities are managed. It is not possible to apply for an independent, separate kiz account.
The only exception is the use of the library, which is also available to externals to a limited extend. To use the library as an external you need to apply for a kiz service card. These are available at the library loan desks. A fee will be charged. Please use this online form to apply.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Service Points are locations where you can visit us personally.
kiz from A to Z
more on: kiz account
Orders & applications
Instructions & guidelines
Good to know