Welcome to the website of the Institute of Neural Information Processing at the University of Ulm. The following pages will introduce you to our institute and staff, as well as our courses and current projects. Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will gladly assist you.
Short Description of the Department
Research Goals of Neural Information ProcessingThe Neural Information
Processing Department pursues the following research goals:
- Interpretation and understanding of neuroscientific data.
- Understanding the function of the brain, in terms of underlying information processing principles
- Technical use of these information processing principles in artificial neural networks.
- Integration of artificial neural networks into modern hardware and software systems.
Achieving these goals requires a high degree of interdisciplinary work. This is reflected in the following subdivisions of neural information processing research:
- Biological Mechanisms of Neural Information Processing,
- Theory of Neural Information Processing,
- Applications of Neural Information Processing.