Principles of research
Principles of research at the Institute of Technology and Process Management are considered to be:
- Science-based, but always easy enough to apply
- Research is based on methods – Method Engineering is the descriptive frame
- Research is based on models – Quantitative Modelling serves as the base for decision-making
- Research is based on options – Options Theory is the base for developing scenarios
- Research is solution-oriented - reference solution describe operating interdependences
While tools to aquire solutions are defined by methods and models, options and reference solutions provide the result by themselves.
A master thesis obligatory has to cover these contents and contains a quantitative model in its core. Additionally master theses are worked out, whenever possible, close with the industry and/or the consulting sector. Thus a high practical orientation is assured.
Based on the three fields of research Strategy & Innovation, Technology and Process, topics of scientific papers are arised from. By following this link you will find these topics: Topics of scientific papers.
Principles of scientific working at ITOP as well as templates for writing papers you'll get here: Templates papers.