Equal Opportunities Officer
TheEqual Opportunities Officer advises the University bodies and committees regarding matters of equal opportunities and reviews the implementation and effects of equal opportunities policies. She contributes to appointment procedures and chairs the Senate Commission on equality among academic staff and students. The Equal Opportunities Officer prepares equal opportunity concepts and policies in collaboration with the Equal Opportunities Department and implements these together with faculties and administration. She furthermore advises and supports academic staff and students in regards to their academic careers.
The legal basis of the work of the Equal Opportunities Officer is anchored in § 4 and § 10 of the Baden-Württemberg Federal State Higher Education Act (Landeshochschulgesetz, LHG).
- contributing to the auditauditing process of the University and the University Hospital,
- supporting the work of the Women's Representatives in the Faculties and the Equal Opportunities Commission,
- cooperating with Equal Opportunities Officers at other universities on a state and federal level (LaKoG (Federal State Commission on Equal Opportunities) and BuKoF (Federal Commission on Equal Opportunities),
- being the contact person in the problem areas of sexual discrimination, harassment and violence,
- issuing an annual report to the Senate regarding the development of equality,
- cooperating with other institutions.
See paragraphs 4 and 10 of the LHG (The University Law of the State of Baden-Württemberg) to learn more about legal basis for the work of Equal Opportunities Officer.
Equal Opportunities Officer at Ulm University
1st Deputy Equal Opportunities Officer
Third Deputy to the Equal Opportunities Officer