Margarete von Wrangell Habilitation Programme for Women
The state government advertises the 'Margarete von Wrangell Habilitation Programme for Women' in order to support and increase the number of female junior lecturers. The primary goal of this programme is to encourage qualified women scientists to obtain a postdoctoral teaching qualification (habilitation) and support them financially.
The funding for the habilitation candidates comes in the form of an employment contract in accordance with TV-L (collective agreement of the federal states) at pay grade 13. The funding period totals 5 years, 3 of which are funded by the Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts (MWK) and the European Social Fund (ESF) while the other 2 are funded by the respective higher education institution.
Special regulations apply for candidates at the Medical Faculty. The applicant should have already completed some preliminary work for her habilitation and have a binding confirmation from the faculty to continue the funding for a maximum of 2 years.
- Applications must be submitted to the Office for Equal Opportunities.
- You need to notify the Office for Equal Opportunities of your intention to apply until 24 April 2017 (see FAQ MVW Ulm University).
- Application deadline at the Medical Faculty is 1 May 2017 (see http://fakultaet.medizin.uni-ulm.de/de/aktuelles/foerderungen-stipendien-preise/ausschreibungen-extern/ - German only)
- Application deadline at the Office for Equal Opportunities for all faculties is 22 May 2017.
- Please submit your complete application documents in the indicated order in four copies plus electronically (USB stick) together with the Excel spreadsheet containing the key data.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered after 22 May 2017!
- Candidates only qualify to receive funding through this programme, if they have a binding confirmation from the dean of the faculty for the subsequent funding of maximum 2 years as well as a teaching and examination qualification.
- Special regulations apply for candidates at the Medical Faculty.
- The funding commences in the 1st quarter of 2018.
Since 1997, the Margarete von Wrangell Habilitation Programme promotes female junior scientists with employment positions for habilitation projects. Ulm University is a successful participant in the programme. Without specific order, we introduce Wrangell women and their life journeys.
Audio interview with PD Dr.med. Dr. rer. nat. Bundschu
We start off our series with an interview with PD Dr.med. Dr. rer.nat Karin Bundschu, who became a Wrangell fellow in 2008. Before the mother of four and holder of two doctor titles became research group leader at the Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Ulm University, she worked at the Institut of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry at the University of Würzburg.
The interview (8:27 min) is conducted by Samira Nakhaeizadeh: