Master of Science in Biochemistry
Applications (including all supporting documents) must be submitted in paper form and received by Ulm University, Albert-Einstein-Allee 5, 89081 Ulm by the application cut-off date.
Ulm University does not accept applications and supporting documents/certificates sent by e-mail.
You qualify for the admission procedure with a bachelor's degree in Biochemistry or another programme with largely equivalent content. Valid proofs of exam results are:
- a bachelor's degree with an overall final grade of 2.7 or better
- if you have not yet completed your bachelor's degree: the study achievements and exam results obtained up to the application cut-off date with overall credit points of at least 140 (ECTS) and an overall grade of 3.0 or better
For further requirements and admission procedures please see the admission statute.
If the number of candidates who fulfil the above stated criteria exceeds the total number of available places, selection will be made by the level of qualification, which is determined by the overall grade in the bachelor's degree/the overall grade of the examination results attained up to the application cut-off date. In cases of equal scores, the decision is made by lottery.
If not stated otherwise, please attach single copies of the following documents to your online application:
- application form (original);
- data protocol (protocol of the online application);
- if you have completed a higher education degree: bachelor’s degree certificate or a degree which is recognised as equivalent at the level of at least three years of study in Biochemistry or in a related programme, as well as a transcript of records issued by the higher education institution stating subjects, grades and credit points;
- if you have not yet completed your higher education degree: transcript of records issued by the higher education institution stating all study achievements and exam results, including subjects and grades as well as a preliminary overall grade and overall credit points (ECTS/CP) obtained up to the application cut-off date;
- form for additional subject-specific details;
- for claims of hardship: proof of exceptional case of hardship (detailed explanation and supporting documents);
- for name changes: certificate of name change (copy);
- if the study qualifications were not obtained at a German-speaking institution or were not taught in German, additional documentation is required:
- copies of the original certificates plus copies of the certified translations into German or English, as well as grading system of the foreign institution
- applicants from China, Mongolia, Vietnam: the original of the APS certificate
- certificate of sufficient German language proficiency (e.g. DSH-2, TestDaF 4 x 4, telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule, higher education entrance assessment examination)