Master of Science in Sustainable Management
The online application is available during the following times:
for the winter semester 1 May to 15 June (cut-off date)
Applications (including all supporting documents) must be submitted in paper form and received by Ulm University, Albert-Einstein-Allee 5, 89081 Ulm by the application cut-off date.
Ulm University does not accept applications and relevant documents/certificates sent by e-mail.
Entrance requirements Master of Science in Sustainable Management
You qualify for the admission procedure with a bachelor's degree with examination results in Economics, Mathematics and Management, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences or Engineering, or in a degree programme with largely equivalent contents. Valid proofs of exam results are:
- a bachelor's degree with an overall final grade of 2.7 or better;
- if you have not yet completed your bachelor's degree: the study achievements and exam results obtained up to the application cut-off date with overall credit points of at least 140 (ECTS) and an overall grade of 2.7 or better
- 25 ECTS credit points in Economics
Applicants who did not obtain their study qualifications at a German-speaking institution need to provide proof of the required German language proficiency by the time of the application cut-off date (e.g. Abitur/general higher education entrance qualification from a German-speaking school).
Please see the admission statute for further requirements and details regarding the admission procedure.
If the number of candidates who fulfil the above stated criteria exceeds the total number of available places, selection will be made by the level of qualification, which is determined by the overall grade in the bachelor's degree / the overall grade of the examination results attained up to the application cut-off date, including the grade of bachelor’s thesis. In the case of equal scores, the decision is made by lottery.
Required documents Master of Science in Sustainable Management
If not stated otherwise, please attach the following documents to your online application :
- application form (original)
- data protocol (protocol of the online application)
- if you have completed a higher education degree: copy of the bachelor’s degree certificate or a degree which is recognised as equivalent at the level of at least three years of study, for example in Economics, Mathematics and Management, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, or Engineering, or in a related programme with largely equivalent contents, as well as a transcript of records issued by the higher education institution stating subjects, grades and credit points (ECTS)
- if you have not yet completed your degree: transcript of records issued by the higher education institution stating all study achievements and exam results, including subjects and grades as well as a preliminary overall grade and overall credit points (ECTS/CP) obtained up to the application cut-off date
- CV in tabular form
- form for additional subject-specific details
- for claims of hardship: proof of exceptional case of hardship (detailed explanation and supporting documents)
- for name changes: certificate of name change
- if the study qualifications were not obtained at a German-speaking institution or were not taught in German, additional documentation is required:
- copy of the original certificates and copy of the certified translations into German or English as well as grading system of the foreign institution
- applicants from China, Mongolia, Vietnam: the original of the APS certificate
- proof of required German language proficiency (e.g. DSH-2, TestDaF 4 x 4, higher education entrance assessment examination, German higher education entrance qualification)