In addition to numerous Institutes that operate academically on the level of the Faculties, Ulm University has various other academic institutions and central operational facilities.
Central academic institutions
- Botanischer Garten Botanical Garden (German only)
- School of Humanities School of Humanities
- Zentrale Einrichtung Elektronenmikroskopie Electron Microscopy
- Institute for Molecular Medicine Institute of Molecular Medicine
- International Graduate School in Molecular Medicine Ulm
- School of Advanced Professional Studies (SAPS)
Central operational facilities
Collaborative Research Centres
- Collaborative Research Centre SFB/Transregio 62 'A Companion-Technology for Cognitive Technical Systems'
- Collaborative Research Centre SFB1074 'Experimental Models and Clinical Translation in Leukemia'
- Collaborative Research Centre SFB 1149 'Danger Response, Disturbance Factors and Regenerative Potential after Acute Trauma'
Interdisciplinary research foci / competence centres
- Competence Centre E-Learning in Medicine
- Competence Centre F³ - esearch centre for cooperative, highly automated driver assistance systems and driving functions
- Competence Centre Ulm Peptide Pharmaceuticals (U-PEP)in/pit/
- Competence Centre for Perception and Interactive Technologies (PIT)http://www.neurozentrum-ulm.de/Neurozentrum_Ulm/Home_english.html
- Neurocenter of Ulm University (NCU)
- Centre for E-Learning of Ulm University (ZEL)
- Center for Integrated Quantum Science and Technology (IQST)
- Scientific Computing Centre of Ulm University (UZWR)
- Centre for Teacher Education of Ulm University (ZfL)
- Centre for Teaching Development in the MINT subjects and Medicine (Life Sciences) (ZLEMM)
- Centre Medicine and Society of Ulm University
- Zentrum für Translationale Bildgebung der Universität Ulm (MoMan)
- Zentrum für Traumafoschung der Universität Ulm (ZTF)