Lecture "Thin Films"
- Vacuum Science and Technology
- Kinetic gas theory, application
- Vacuum pumps and measurement techniques
- Thin film growth techniques
- Nucleation and growth of thin films
- Thermodynamics and kinetics of nucleation and growth
- Epitaxial lattice mismit and defects
- Morphology of film growth
- Grain growth, texture, microstructure control
- Amorphous thin films
- Mechanical properties of thin films
- Internal stresses : origin and analysis
- Mechanical relaxation effects
- Magnetic properties of thin films
- Magnetic structures in thin films
- Magnetic recording media
- Materials Science of Thin Films, M. Ohring, Academic Press, 2002
- Nanoelectronics and Information Technology, R. Waser (ed.), Wiley VCH, 2003
- The Materials Science of Semiconductors, A. Rockett, Springer, 2008 (see Springer ebook library of KIZ)
- Heinrich and Bland, Ultrathin Magnetic Structures 4 - Applications of Nanomagnetism, Springer, 2005 (see Springer ebook library of KIZ)
Lecture materials will be availble through the moodle system for registered participants. The password will be given during the lecture.
Form: oral examination by appointment with Prof. Herr.
Time and location
Lecture: Wednesday 10-12 in 47.2.506
First Lecture: 25.10.2017
Exercise: Tuesday 12-14 in 45.2.102, subject to announcement.