- Seminar (4 ECTS) für Bachelor (3. Jahr), Master, Diplom
- Maximale Teilnehmerzahl: 15
- Scheinvergabekriterien: Teilnahme an der gesamten Veranstaltung, Beteiligung an Diskussion, Vortrag und Ausarbeitung
- Die Ausarbeitung soll 5-8 Seiten umfassen und wird von den Teilnehmern des Seminars gegen gelesen.
- Anmeldeformalitäten: per E-Mail an Manuel Finckh
For a long time the research in computer graphics was focused on the three main areas modeling, rendering and animation. While these fields are still topics of active research the influence of novel technology, of other fields of science and the importance of the final end-user have broadened the area to include human perception, computational photography/videography, interaction, displays and so on. The most important publications in computer graphics have traditionally been published at the ACM SIGGRAPH conference. In this seminar we will investigate current research trends in computer graphics that came up during the last two years. Besides reciting existing work, we will put an emphasis on identifying future research directions in the various fields.
The goal of this seminar is to give an overview over the recent trends and to teach how to analyze and summarize a research paper as well as to improve on presentation skills.
We encourage the students to take a look at the recent set of important publications found at:
Here is an unordered list of tentative papers:
- Physically Guided Liquid Surface Modeling from Videos
- PatchMatch: A Randomized Correspondence Algorithm for Structural Image Editing
- GRAMPS: A Programming Model for Graphics Pipelines
- Human Motion Synthesis with Optimization-based Graphs
- Bidirectional Search for Interactive Motion Synthesis
- Inverse Procedural Modeling by Automatic Generation of L-systems
- Sketching Clothoid Splines Using Shortest Paths
- Fast High-Dimensional Filtering Using the Permutohedral Lattice
- Energy-Preserving Integrators for Fluid Animationhttp://www.cc.gatech.edu/grads/w/whmin/image_fluid.pdf
- Modeling Human Color Perception under Extended Luminance Levels
- SkyFinder: Attribute-based Sky Image Search
- Monday, April 26th, 16-18, room O27/121
- We will discuss the logistics of this seminar and highlight some of the possible topics.