How to find us
You can find us in Building N27 on the campus of Ulm University.
Our secretariat is located in the ground floor (level 2), room 2.007. For more room numbers, please see the list of group members.
Some of our offices and electron microscopes can be found in the SALVE building, Oberberghof 3/1, 89081 Ulm.
Ulm is located at the ICE railroad Stuttgart-Munich. At the central station, Ulm Hauptbahnhof (Hbf), you have connections to many long-distance trains.
To get to Ulm University from Ulm Hbf, please take tram no. 2 to "Science Park II". The tram leaves in front of the station every 10 minutes. Get off at the stop "Botanischer Garten" (travelling time of approx. 8 min.).
Starting at the bus stop "Botanischer Garten", head to the direction opposite to the direction of travel. After approx. 150 m, building N27 can be found on the right.
To get to the SALVE building, you can also take tram no. 2. Get off at the stop "Manfred-Börner-Straße" (travelling time of approx. 11 min.) and follow the directions depicted below.
From Ulm, the nearest international airports are Stuttgart airport (STR) and Munich airport (MUC). There are also good railway connections to and from Frankfurt airport (FRA). Once you arrive at one of the above airports, you can continue your journey via train and bus.
There are minor international airports in Memmingen (FMM) and Friedrichshafen (FDH), which can both be reached by regional trains.
Directions via Autobahn A8 from the directions of Stuttgart or Munich:
- Leave the Autobahn A8 at the exit Ulm West, to get on route B10 in the direction Ulm/Friedrichshafen.
- Leave route B10 at the second exit, following the signs to "Universität".
- Turn left after approx. 1 km, to Albert-Einstein-Allee.
Further to building N27:
- After 200 m, take the second exit of the roundabout, to James-Franck-Ring.
- After 200 m, find building N27 on the right-hand side (corner James-Franck-Ring/Meyerhofstraße).
Further to the SALVE building:
- After 200 m, take the second exit of the roundabout, to stay in Albert-Einstein-Allee"
- Follow Albert-Einstein-Allee for 1.3 km until the next roundabout.
- Take the third exit to Manfred-Börner-Straße.
- Follow Manfred-Börner-Straße. Find the SALVE building on the right-hand side after approx. 500 m.
If you are using a satnav, enter one of the following street names:
James-Franck-Ring / Meyerhofstrasse, 89081 Ulm (N27)
Oberberghof 3/1, 89081 Ulm (SALVE building)
Parkings can be found alongside Albert-Einstein-Allee and Helmholtzstraße (see the campus plan). Parking is subject to charges on the whole campus.