We are pleased to invite you to a mini workshop on electron Pair-Distribution Function (PDF) analysis. The workshop will be held on the 28-29th of March 2018 at Ulm University in Germany, bringing together scientists working on the method development.
The workshop consists of invited lectures, discussions and software demonstrations and provides a platform for open discussions on the use of electrons for the characterization of structures with no long-range order. The discussions will have a technical orientation focusing on the diverse issues of data collection, processing and quantification. Following topics will be covered:
• Qmax vs pixel resolution of the experimental data – data collection strategies
• Effect of the recording medium – point spread function, etc.
• Distortion of diffraction patters
• Diffraction pattern centering, errors
• Energy filtering of electron diffraction for PDF
• Background treatment
• Instrumental influence in PDF
• Multiple scattering dynamical effects
• ePDF refinement
• Preferred orientation/texture in PDF
The number of participants is limited.
There is no registration fee.