MoeWe - Modular Vocational Training on High Performance Computing
HLRS cooperates with the Universities of Ulm and Freiburg to design up-to-date training courses for IT-experts.
According to the industry, the demand in profound knowledge in IT areas like simulation, modeling and programming is very high. The three cooperation partners in Stuttgart, Ulm and Freiburg address this subject with a new, innovative vocational training program, starting in 2017.
The training program is structured into modules and cover the areas:
- Parallel Programming (IT-languages, tools and libraries, scheduling and libraries)
- Simulation (Visualization, Optimization, Techniques and Models of Simulation)
- Cluster, Cloud and High-Performance-Computing
- Business issues, Ecology and Economy
- Data management
- plus Introduction to IT
Due to job and family commitments, professionals usually can’t participate regularly in classical classroom settings. To address these limitations, all new courses will be organized in a "blended learning" mode, consisting of a good mix of workshops as well as online learning.
The online learning part will consist of video conferences with the lecturers, screen demonstrations of software and computing, online-scripts and online-videos. Because of this, students can tailor their training program to their personal situation in a flexible and self-defined pace.
First courses will take place in the second half of 2017, and will be free-of-charge for all participants. People can book selected modules or the entire program, according to their background and need.
Interested in joining the MoeWE training program? Please send an e-mail (contact details below), and we will be happy to provide you with further information.
- University Stuttgart HLRS
- University Freiburg Rechenzentrum
- University Ulm Kommunikations- und Informationszentrum (kiz)
- Sisco BW
- Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg (MWK), Europäischer Sozialfonds für Deutschland (ESF)
- 1.7.2016 - 31.12.2020