Literature searches (Order & Advice)
Service category: Scientific information services
The service includes consulting and conducting topic-specific literature searches for a fee. Free and licensed subject databases offered online by STN (Scientific & Technical Information Network) serve as sources of information. Citation analyses are carried out in the "Web of Science" databases. In addition, individual, free advice on the kiz's database services is offered on request.
Contract research / citation analysis
- Free preliminary consultation (by telephone or in person)
- Determination of the cost framework with regard to the databases relevant for the search
- Elaboration of the search strategy
- Conducting the search / citation analysis
- After reviewing the search results, we will consult with you and, if necessary, rework or readjust the search strategy.
Consulting Literature search / Systematic Review
- Personal consultation on a specific research question
- Personal advice on systematic literature search
- Development of the search strategy
- Identifying search terms
- Translating the search strategy from Ovid to other databases and vice versa
- Reference-based searches (forward & backward citation searching)
- Documentation (reporting) of the search
- Possibility of debriefing
- Overview of databases relevant to the research
- Tips for optimal literature search
- Further information on fee-based databases and courses
All persons and institutions who are entitled to use services of the kiz according to the regulations for use.
Mon - Fri 09:00 - 12:00 (in person)
The service can be used by authorised users without a separate application. The order can be placed via a web form, by telephone or by appearing in person. For personal counselling or training for independently usable research tools, an appointment must be made by telephone or e-mail.
As this is an individual user-oriented and very staff-intensive service, it can only be provided within the limits of available capacity, with university members (academics, students) having priority over external users as a matter of principle.
Fee / Charge
Fees (working time) and reimbursement of expenses (costs incurred by the database provider, if applicable with a surcharge) are charged for commissioned searches, the amount of which depends on the respective user group. The kiz scale of fees and charges applies.
No fees or charges are levied for consultancy services.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Please contact us if you have questions or problems related to the kiz services:
Monday - Thursday
09:00 h - 12:00 h and 13:00 h - 15:30 h
Friday 09:00 h - 12:00 h
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 30000
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 1230000
Research in the library stock: monographs, textbooks, magazines, university publications, e-books, e-journals, national licenses, and the contents of the institutional repository OPARU.