Research Data Management
Service Category: Scientific Information Services
The service covers advice on various aspects of research data management, primarily for university members (scientists and students) of the Ulm University.
- The consultation will cover various aspects of the RDM:
- Implementation of claim by third-party donors
- Finding suitable repositories for the publication of research data
- Licences and rights of use
- Persistent identifiers (PIDs)
- Finding data records
- Citing data sets
- Possibilities for the structured description of research data
- Data management plans (DMPs)
- Advice on publication requests in the institutional repository OPARU
- Provision of information pages on the web
- For questions regarding IT solutions for data generated in research projects please refer to the respective contact persons at the kiz.
Members of the University
In individual cases, consulting services are also provided for members of external scientific institutions, if they cooperate with institutions of the University of Ulm within the framework of projects (e.g. state projects, EU projects).
Please note: Since counselling is a personnel-intensive service aimed at the individual user, it can only be provided within the framework of the available capacities, whereby university members generally have priority over external users.
Office hours by appointment.
The service can be used by authorised persons without a separate application.
Fee / charge
No fees or charges are levied for the service, with the following exceptions: An hourly rate will be charged for consulting external users in accordance with the applicable Entg&GebO.
kiz University Ulm
Service Research Data Management
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Please contact us if you have questions or problems related to the kiz services:
Monday - Thursday
09:00 h - 12:00 h and 13:00 h - 15:30 h
Friday 09:00 h - 12:00 h
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 30000
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 1230000
Order a Callback
Support Portal (Uni internal)
Using self-service functions of the Identity Management System (IDM): Administer permissions, subscribe to services, change passwords.
Research in the library stock: monographs, textbooks, magazines, university publications, e-books, e-journals, national licenses, and the contents of the institutional repository OPARU.
With about 400 keywords you will get direct access to our services. If something isn't listed, please contact our Internet Editorial Office.