The kiz account and what it’s for
The kiz account comprises a bundle of service subscriptions which give you access to the different services of the kiz (Communication and Information Centre). We offer a basic version with mandatory subscriptions as well as additional subscriptions, some of which are subject to a fee. Not every user group has access to the same subscriptions.
Mandatory subscriptions (basic bundle)
- Front-end authentication service (access to IDM self-services)
- Access to campus network of Ulm University via WLAN (eduroam & welcome), VPN
- Higher Education Services Portal study & teaching
- Email account on kiz email server
- E-learning platform Moodle
- Library account: loan of books and other media, inter-library loan orders, orders of copies of articles and more
- Active Directory Account (login for Windows PC clusters)
- Login for Unix servers / computer servers
- Login for Linux PC clusters
- Access to the service Web Classic
- Printing at kiz PC clusters
- Printing on all central kiz laser and poster printers
|library account only|
|upon request through|
|upon request through|
Information for ...
Students receive their kiz account automatically with their enrolment. You can find your login details (user name, initial password, email address) on the info sheet that you received together with your enrolment documents.
Depending on your field of study (e.g. Computer Science), your Faculty might create additional accounts for you that are not part of the kiz services. Your Faculty will be able to tell you more.
The accounts are deactivated four months after termination of enrolment.
Faculty and staff will automatically receive the kiz account with the setting. The credentials (user name, initial password, e-mail address) are on the flyer that came with the setting documents or that will be sent via internal mailing by th kiz.
The account loses its validity one month after leaving the University or the loss of eligibility.
Non-University clients may only apply for a library account. The kiz service card, or library ID, is available for a fee at either of our circulation desks. To apply, please use our online form.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Service Points are locations where you can visit us personally.
kiz from A to Z
more on: kiz account
Orders & applications
Instructions & guidelines
Good to know