Usage notes Web-CMS
The Web-CMS service is open to all institutes and institutions in order to achieve an Internet presence in the official corporate design in a fast, simple and comfortable way. The usage modalities are described below.
Requirements for use of Web-CMS:
- It must be an institute or institution of the University of Ulm, which is entitled to appear under the logo and in the corporate design of the university. A deviating website design is supported as well as the creation of personal or private homepages. For this purpose our service Web-Classics has to be used.
- The institute or the organization names at least one WWW person responsible and possibly other editors, who should be able to edit web pages. These people need a kiz account. If necessary, this must be applied separately.
If all requirements are met, you can request a separate editorial area in Web-CMS. The request needs to be made via an online form. For this online form, we need the following details:
- Which institution or institution is it?
- Who is the WWW administrator? This should be a long-term employee, who at the same time acts as a contact person with the kiz and is equipped with comprehensive rights in the respective editorial area.
- What other persons should be registered as editors or editors (they may only modify content)? Please note that for technical reasons, it is not possible for you to create accounts or to manage user rights or user groups. All change requests of this kind have to be made by the kiz.
The editing area is set up by the kiz. This includes:
- Creating a separate side boom including a start page and assigning the templates for the official corporate design.
- Creating necessary user groups and user accounts.
- Setting up a file container in the file system where you can store PDFs, and other files that belong to the site.
- Setup of optional functionalities (if necessary).
As soon as access to the Web CMS is available, we inform the WWW administrator of the facility. You can then begin building or porting your web presence in the new system. Only when you tell us that you want it, your new website will be linked to from the official homepage of the university.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Service Points are locations where you can visit us personally.
kiz from A to Z
more to: Web-CMS
Assignments & applications