Universal Messaging (UMS)
Service category: Communikation
The UMS service enables the synchronization of messages from several channels (e.g. email, fax or telephone) and provides a higher-level and consolidated information interface. Fax or voice mail messages can be received via a central (email) account.
Note: Do not use your kiz account to login to the UMS server. Instead, enter your 5-digit telephone number as user name and your 4-digit answering machine PIN as password.
CTI (Computer Telephony Integration)
- compatible with Microsoft Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Microsoft Outlook 2003*, 2007, 2010, 2013 (32-bit/64-bit) and Mac OS X 10.6.8 "Snow Leopard" (64-bit), Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion", OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion", OS X 10.9 "Mavericks”
- complete list of calls on your computer and/or smartphone (Android, iOS)
- phone dialing from computer and/or smartphone (Android, iOS)
- programming and deleting fixed call forwarding on the telephone via the CTI client on the computer and/or smartphone (Android, iOS)
- optional notification of missed calls by e-mail
- answering machine with up to 10 different announcements
- advice function can be activated
- settings by phone or web frontend
- delivery of new messages also possible by email
Central Fax Service
- receipt of faxes as PDF/TIF by email via a personal fax number
- sending faxes via web frontend in PDF, TIF, DOC, XLS, ODT, ODS formats to one or more telephone numbers
Employees of the following institutions:
- Ulm University
- University Hospital Ulm
- University of Applied Sciences Ulm
- Studierendenwerk (student services) Ulm
- Vermögen und Bau Baden-Württemberg – Amt Ulm
24 x 7 x 365
- CTI can be used by employees of the University and the University Hospital via a web application form.
- Voice mail is part of every telephone connection and can be used without an additional application. If the start PIN is not known or the telephone connection has been taken over, this must be requested again using the web form.
- Central fax service can be used by all user groups via a web form.
Charge / Fees
- CTI: One license is required per monitored connection, which is invoiced to the user's cost center once. A reimbursement of expenses in the amount of the license costs is charged for this.
- Voice Mail: no costs
- Central fax service: The telephone costs are charged to the assigned cost center of the connection with quarterly TC billing.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Service Points are locations where you can visit us personally.
kiz from A to Z
more to: Universal Messaging
Applications / Orders
Instructions / Guides