Service category: Communikation
The service includes preparing and implementing video conferences (VC) via the Internet in professional quality and according to a cross-manufacturer international standard. Depending on the equipment of the opposite side, the screen display of a notebook can also be transmitted in addition to picture and sound to include presentations or other discussion documents. Conferences with several locations at the same time are also possible. For example, sessions with geographically separated project partners can be realized.
The high security standard is especially important, which is guaranteed in contrast to other manufacturer-specific offers by the fact that the transmitted data does not pass through a central server. For multipoint conferences, the secure VC server of the DFN is used.
For this service a videoconferencing studio is operated, which can be booked by the hour. In addition, a corresponding device is also available for mobile use, e.g. for tele-lectures.
Note: This service includes the rental of VC devices and information about using Skype in the workplace.
Information & Advice
- General information and advice on video conferences
- Support in the organisational preparation of video conferences.
Practical instruction of users on location in the technical and application-related possibilities of video and data conferences.
Support in video conferencing
- Before the conference, it is possible to work with the technical staff at the location to clarify administrative and technical issues.
- Performing a test conference, if necessary.
- Establishing the connection and, if needed, support in the event of problems during the conference.
- In individual cases, a tele-lecture can also be held. For this purpose, the relevant technology is temporarily installed in the lecture hall.
This requires that the auditorium is free to set up the technology.
- You can book the VC room on workdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for an hour. Other days or times are possible by arrangement.
- The room has a group conference system with manufacturer-independent compatibility ("ITU H.323" standard). Sending data to a second display according to ITU H.249. Professional technology with two monitors, camera and microphone, supporting up to six active speakers. The room also offers space for e.g. tele-seminars for approx. 10 listeners.
The service can be used by members of the university as well as by external parties depending on the available capacities.
Members or institutions of the university have priority in all cases when using the VC room and when using personal consulting and support services.
Mo - Thu 09:00 - 15:30, Fri 09:00 - 12:00
and by arrangement
This service can be used without request. Booking of the VC room and using support services for its implementation, require that you fill out an order form, which is available on the kiz website.
Charge / Fees
Members or institutions of the University will be charged for any reimbursement of expenses incurred. The personal consulting and support services as well as pure Internet connections are free of charge.
External companies are generally charged fees for working hours, the leasing of assets and reimbursement of expenses according to the regulations on fees and charges.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Service Points are locations where you can visit us personally.
kiz from A to Z
more about: Video conference
Applications / Orders
Instructions / Guides
Alternatively, members or institutions of the University of Ulm can use the web conference service of the DFN. [more]