IT consultation hours
Service Category: Consulting & Help
Trained employees of the kiz advise members of the university with:
* purchasing PC hardware
* installing operations systems and software
* help to configure network access (WLAN, LAN, VPN)
* the removal of viruses
* the elimination of minor problems of all kind
The service is especially (but not limited to) mobile users (notebooks, tables). It is provided as a "walk-in" service in the kiz offices.
kiz University East
Building O26 Level 5 Room 5407
- Advice on purchasing IT hardware (PCs, notebooks, tablets, etc.)
- Help with the installation of operating systems and application programs
- Help with the configuration of the network access (WLAN, LAN, VPN) as well as the accesses to other IT services of the kiz
- Help with the removal of computer viruses as well as the eleimination of minor problems of all kind
- The service is provided in the offices of the kiz (O26 level 5 room 5407). Devices which have to be installed or troubleshooted must be brought along.
- An on-site support is generally not possible and can only be provided in inevitable cases by arrangement and depending on vacant capacities as well as exclusively on the campus Oberer Eselsberg.
Members of Ulm University
Monday to Thursday : 9:00 h - 12:00 h and 13:00 h - 16:00 h
Friday : 9:00 h - 12:00 h
During the lecture-free time, the office hours may be different.
The service can be used without a separate application.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Service Points are locations where you can visit us personally.
kiz from A to Z