Service category: Consulting & Help
This service generally provides 2nd level support in the area of library services, in particular for questions on research, document delivery and use of resources (print and electronic media).
In addition, 1st level support is provided for library-related questions through direct contact at the Service Point Information.
- Answering general and library-related questions of any kind: administrative questions (opening hours etc.), technical questions (use of scan stations etc.), questions about inventory groups and concrete signatures (Where does computer science stand? etc.), catalogue and lending questions (Where does a particular book stand?, How does a reservation work? etc.), specialist information (thematic questions, citation verifications etc.).
- Advice on the selection and use of catalogues, databases and other research tools.
- Advice on the use and availability of print and electronic media.
- Local, regional, national and international document delivery (also: express deliveries; bibliographic post-processing of interlibrary loan orders rejected by the Central Interlibrary Loan Server; advice on external document delivery systems).
- Advice on literature searches and selection of suitable courses.
- Organisation and implementation of courses and guided tours to introduce library use on request for university users and school groups.
All individuals and institutions who qualify to use kiz services (see Benutzungsordnung).
Mon – Fri 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sat 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (office hours)
24 x 7 x 365 (e-mail, online forms, fax)
We also offer appointments during and after office hours.
Charges / Fees
Reference consultations are free of charge. Fees apply for services such as photocopies, scans, interlibrary loan, or Document Delivery Service orders that may result from the consultation.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Service Points are locations where you can visit us personally.
kiz from A to Z