Equipment rental notebooks
Service category: Desktop Computing
The kiz provides preinstalled notebooks with Windows for events, courses and projects to facilities of the University of Ulm. The software package includes up-to-date standard software, but can also be customized by the borrower.
- Rental of preinstalled notebooks with Windows 10 Enterprise, MS Office and license-free standard software for events, courses or projects.
- The equipment can be borrowed for a maximum of 4 weeks.
- All notebooks are recessed and reinstalled after the return. Sensitive data, however, must be deleted before the return of the borrower itself.
The notebooks are lent with the following accessories:
- power adapter
- optional headset
- Reservations must be made at least one week in advance.
- The risk of lending (for example loss, damage, theft) lies with the customer.
- A loan to students is only possible for projects within the scope of the study and after consultation with the responsible supervisor.
- A loan for private purposes is not possible.
- Sensitive data must be deleted.
- In case of improper use, the kiz reserves the right to exclude the borrower from the future use of the service.
Institutions of Ulm University and their employees
Tuesday + Thursday 9 am - 12 pm and by appointment
Closed from 12 August to 26 August 2019.
A reservation request is required to use the service. This is preferably via the online form on the pages of the kiz or alternatively informally at the Helpdesk. A timely acceptance or rejection can only be guaranteed with a lead time of 2 working days.
No fees or charges will be charged for the service.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Service Points are locations where you can visit us personally.
kiz from A to Z