Lecture room media technology
Service Categorie: Media
The service includes the conceptual planning and implementation of technical equipment (e.g. beamers, microphones, etc.), their maintenance as well as the support of the local contact persons (demonstration nurses) during operation in the form of 2nd level support.
The service is provided in particular for the central classrooms (lecture halls and seminar rooms) of the university. Central classrooms are those rooms which are available in the central room occupancy system of the university and are marked as central classrooms there.
In addition, the service for other rooms (rooms of individual institutes, non-central teaching rooms of individual faculties or study commissions) can be used after consultation and for a fee.
- Contact via ticket system (web form) or telephone for customer enquiries regarding new equipment, replacement of media technology as well as problems in operation.
Planning and implementation of auditorium media technology
- Basic equipment of the central teaching rooms: In case of a fundamental need for modernisation or equipment, which concerns the media technology in all corresponding rooms, the kiz applies for the central funds to finance the measures (as a rule at the presidium of the university). A detailed bill of quantities is drawn up and, together with the ZUV, a call for tenders is issued. In individual cases, external companies are also commissioned with planning tasks.
- Coordination of communication between all parties involved in construction and equipment measures (users, building management, building authorities, the engineering office commissioned by them, electrical company, media technology company, central workshop, ceiling builder).
- Contact person for the executing media technology company for technical questions regarding the installation.
Acceptance of the media technology: Documentation, functional tests, if necessary control of troubleshooting, instruction of the lecture nurses and transfer of the components into regular operation.
- In the case of the institute's own rooms: advice and assistance in determining requirements, preparation of a cost estimate for the user as a reference for planning or applying for funds.
- 2 x annual proactive maintenance and quality control with regard to the functionality of the technical equipment. If necessary, wear parts such as beamer lamps, batteries and connection cables are replaced.
Operation (2nd level support)
- 2nd level support for questions and problems of the local contact persons designated by the faculties, usually lecture attendants, who have to provide 1st level support (user instruction on site, troubleshooting). If no lecturer is available in individual rooms, the briefing or troubleshooting is carried out directly by members of the Communication & Multimedia Infrastructure team.
- Elimination of technical defects (if necessary by commissioning an external company)
- Training or instruction of the local contact persons.
All members and institutions of the university who conduct or attend courses or other events in the central lecture rooms or use the services for other rooms.
The use of the features for the planning and implementation of lecture hall media technology is limited to study deans, their representatives, lecturers and institutes of the Ulm University.
24 x 7 x 365 (use of media technology in the lecture rooms)
Mon - Thu 09:00 am - 3:30 pm, Fri 09:00 am - 2:00 pm and by appointment (2nd Level Support)
The service can be used without a separate request.
Charges / Fees
No fees are charged for the service if it concerns central classrooms of the university.
For other rooms, the service is not free of charge. According to the Entg&GebO, reimbursement of expenses as well as working hours are charged according to the hourly rates of the remuneration list and charged to the user's cost center.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Service Points are locations where you can visit us personally.
kiz from A to Z
more to: Lecture room media technology
Connections for media technology
Some of the university's seminar rooms have been equipped with interactive panels since October 2010.
Equipment Rental (Multimedia)
Lecture recording is a system for recording, processing and providing lectures and other events on the premises of Ulm University.