Lecture room media technology
Service Categorie: Media
The service includes the conceptual planning and implementation of media equipment (e.g. projectors, microphones, etc.) as well as their operation and maintenance. It is provided in particular for the central lecture rooms (lecture halls and seminar rooms) of the university.
The service can also be used for other rooms (rooms of individual institutes, non-central teaching rooms of individual faculties or study commissions) to a limited extent and for a fee.
Planning and implementation of lecture room media technology
- Consulting and needs assessment
- Preparation of a cost estimate for the user as a reference for his funding application. In individual cases, external companies are also commissioned with planning tasks.
- Once the user has secured the financing, a list of services is worked out, including material requirements and process planning.
- Requesting offers from external companies and passing them on to the user so that he can carry out the purchase.
- Coordination of communication between all parties involved in construction and equipment measures (users, building management, building authorities, the engineering office commissioned by them, electrical companies, media technology companies, central workshops, ceiling builders).
- Contact person for the executing media technology company in case of technical questions regarding installation.
- Final inspection of the media technology (documentation, function tests, if necessary control of troubleshooting, instruction of lecturers) and transfer of the components to regular operation.
- Investment recommendations: If it turns out during operation that a new investment makes sense, the user is informed and, if necessary, advised with regard to a new acquisition. The decision on this is made by the user, as he is responsible for the financing.
- In the case of a fundamental need for modernization or equipment, which concerns the media technology in all corresponding rooms, the central funds for financing the measures are applied for by the kiz (usually at the university presidium).
Operation and maintenance
- Proactive maintenance and quality control of the technical equipment twice a year. If necessary, replacement of worn-out parts such as beamer lamps, batteries and connection cables.
- Training or instruction and 2nd level support for questions and problems of the caretakers designated by the faculties, who have to take over the 1st level support (user instruction on site, troubleshooting). If there is no caretaker available, instruction or troubleshooting may be provided directly by members of the Communication & Multimedia Infrastructure team.
- Elimination of technical defects (if necessary by commissioning an external company)
All members and institutions of the university who conduct or attend courses or other events in the central lecture rooms or use the services for other rooms.
The use of the features for the planning and implementation of lecture hall media technology is limited to study deans, their representatives, lecturers and institutes of the Ulm University.
24 x 7 x 365 (use of media technology in the lecture rooms)
Mon - Thu 08:00 am - 3:30 pm, Fri 08:00 am - 2:00 pm and by appointment (2nd Level Support)
The service can be used without a separate request
Charges / Fees
No fees are charged for the service if it concerns central classrooms of the university.
For other rooms, the service is not free of charge. According to the Entg&GebO, reimbursement of expenses as well as working hours are charged according to the hourly rates of the remuneration list and charged to the user's cost center.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Service Points are locations where you can visit us personally.
kiz from A to Z
more to: Lecture room media technology
Some of the university's seminar rooms have been equipped with interactive panels since October 2010.
Connections for media technology