Printing of theses (not dissertations)
You can print and bind theses at kiz. To a certain extent and under certain conditions, the costs for this will also be covered. Please note the following instructions for a smooth process:
- The final thesis must be completely formatted in accordance with the applicable specifications and must be available as a PDF file.
- Orders must always be submitted online to our order management and billing system. If you do not have a suitable terminal with online access, a PC is available at the Service-Point Print, so that you can place an order with it. In this case, please bring the thesis to be printed on a USB stick. The staff will be happy to help you.
- Self-printing via the PC pools is not possible. Please understand that we cannot accept orders via e-mail with attachments.
- Finishing of th orders:
Order placement Mon - Fri before 11 a.m.: Pick up next working day
Order placement Mon - Fri after 11 a.m.: Pick up the day after next working day
Note: Saturday is not counted as a woking day.
- Completed theses can be picked up Mon-Thu from 3:30 p.m. and Fri from 3:00 p.m. at the Service-Point Lending.
- In addition to the free copies, you will be charged for additional copies of the theses upon collection.
Please note that the order processing for dissertations differs slightly from that for other final theses.
Theses (not dissertations)
Students can have up to three copies of their final theses printed free of charge at kiz. The print and binding order is transmitted directly to the order management and accounting system of the kiz via a print assistant
Online order: Printing and binding of theses (not dissertations)
- You have to authenticate yourself for the online order with your kiz account
- The binding of the work is made on the front with a transparent cover and on the back with a coloured cardboard (7 colours are available).
- We can only accept the chip card of the university as payment method
Printing and binding of doctoral theses in medicine (only Dr. med./ Dr. med. dent.), which were prepared during the time of study, can be funded in form of free copies. Doctoral theses of other faculties can also be printed and bound at kiz, but they must be paid for by the client. In addition, special regulations apply, e.g. certain forms of cover and the number of required copies is reduced if the work is submitted to the institutional repository of the university (OPARU).
Online-order: Printing and binding dissertations
- Before the actual order is placed, you will first be directed to an information page, which will explain the procedure for dissertations step by step.
- The online assistant is also available without a kiz-Basis-Account, a registration is not necessary
- We accept the chip card of the university or a cost center of the university as payment method. We also issue a private invoice for a service charge.