Learning Platform (Moodle)
Service category: Teaching & Learning Support
Moodle is a central learning platform for teachers and learners. Moodle accompanies attendance lectures and extends them with online modules. In addition, Moodle can be used for pure online teaching and also as a workgroup system for research and working groups.
Central learning platform
- Storage and provision of files and multimedia (learning) content
- Assessment tools (task, test, sample solutions, evaluations, follow-up, ...)
- Organizational tools (grouping, scheduler, attendance management, ...)
- Communication tools (forum, messaging system, virtual seminar rooms, ...)
- Collaboration tools (voting, feedback, workshop, ...)
- Structured (learning) content collection and provision (Wiki, database, learning package, glossary, ...)
- Sophisticated plug-in architecture for the integration of additional functions
- As part of the UUlm Pro Mint & Med project, a separate Moodle instance is operated for the virtual trial study programme of the central student advisory service at Ulm University ("ViSchnu", see www.uni-ulm.de/index.php. This instance is not necessarily identical in version and configuration to the central Moodle learning platform. The login to this instance is only available to users nominated by the central student advisory service. However, it can also be used by guests and is integrated into the above-mentioned pages of the university website via iFrames.
- Central learning platform: Members of the University of Ulm or all persons who have a kiz account.
- ViSchnu: Access to the frontend, which is integrated into the university website, is available to guests worldwide. Access to the backend is only available to editors of the virtual taster course.
24 x 7 x 365
Announced maintenance every Friday 7:30 - 8:30 clock, regular downtime usually <5 min.
Central learning platform
- No separate application is required to use the service. After the first login with the kiz account, a profile is created in Moodle. After this, you can use the kiz account to access various content in Moodle and enroll in courses (student role).
- Lecturer rights and new Moodle courses are applied for via the course catalogue.
Users of the ViSchnu feature should contact the Central Student Advisory Office (no application to the kiz).
There are no fees and charges for the service. The implementation of feature requests, which are desired by users and whose implementation is generally supported by the kiz, may cause one-time implementation costs and permanent maintenance costs in long-term operation. Under certain circumstances, these costs may be invoiced in full or in part. The exact conditions depend on the individual case.