German universities and research institutes in the public sector offer a variety of job opportunities for scholars of natural sciences, humanities and social sciences.
The workshop addresses the following questions:
- What kind of careers are possible for scientists within Germany's public sector?
- How do I structure my career as a university teacher or a researcher in institutes?
- Which competencies, certificates and achievements do I need for my career?
- Which competencies and achievements am I missing and how will I accomplish them?
- What are typical problems for careers within the German public sector?
- For which careers is it important to speak German?
- What are my next steps for my research career in Germany?
The workshop aims at PhD students and postdoctoral researchers of all fields of research with international background. Participants will have enough time to ask questions concerning their special situation.
A prior registration for each workshop is required. Workshops are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Registration opens two months before each event.
Please use the online registration form.
Location of N25/2101.