Study Abroad at Ulm University: Engineering, Communications and Computer Engineering

You are registered as a student at a university abroad? You are interested in completing part of your studies (1-2 semesters) at Ulm University?

This is quite easy, if there is a cooperation agreement between your home university and Ulm University. Check out our partner universities:

However, you cannot apply to Ulm University directly. First, you have to apply for a place in the exchange programme at your home university. If you have been selected, you can apply to the International Office of Ulm University.

In case there is no cooperation agreement between your home university and Ulm University you can apply as free mover.

Contacts International Office

Contacts Engineering

Department of Engineering: Teaching and Research

Bachelor CoursesCourses from our B. Sc. in Engineering an B.Sc. in Communications and Computer Engineering. These courses are offered in a regular cycle. The language of instruction is usually German.
Master CoursesCourses from our M. Sc. in Engineering, M. Sc. in Communications and Computer Engineering and M.Sc. Communications Technology. The courses reflect the research areas of our Department.

The main research areas of our department are:

Only a part of our research projects are covered here. Further information can be found on the pages of the individual  institutes.

Please note:

In order to attend master courses, you must have master level. This means that by the time you start your studies at Ulm University,

  • either you must have formally completed a bachelor degree
  • or you must have finished three years of successful studies at a university (i.e. completed approx. 180 ECTS).

At the time of your application to Ulm Ulniversity you should have completed approx. 150 ECTS.