Vorlesung "Electrical Engineering"
The course information will be provided via Moodle. Please register there in the course "Electrical Engineering".
Due to the Corona pandemia, we can offer this lecture only on-line by video streams (in our Moodle course). At the lecture times, we will have live Zoom meetings.
- Circuit analysis: Network analysis, Thevenin and Norton equivalent circuits, superposition principle, linearity, capacitors & inductors, transformers
- Analysis of transients: Frequency analysis, filters etc.: Frequency response, logarithmic scale, Bode diagram, low pass, high pass, 2nd order low pass etc.
- Fourier and Laplace transformation: Transfer function, step, pulse response, convolution
- Semiconductors: Band structure, density of states, Fermi statistics, impurity conduction, mobility, diffusion, Hall effect
- Diodes: p-n-junction, load line analysis, pn as capacitance, Schottky diode
- Transistors: Bipolar transistor (band structure, common base, common emitter, amplification), Field Effect Transistor (Structure, operation, enhancement and depletion); load line analysis
- Devices for measurement: Operational amplifier, basics, adder, subtractor, integrator, differentiator, logarithmiser
- Probability distribution functions: Binomial, Poisson, Gauss
- Signal filtering, noise: Thermal, shot, 1/f, distribution, generation-recombination,
- Digital Signal Processing: basic logic operations, adders, flip-flop, Digitization: Basics, sampling theorem, DA and AD converters, Digital filters, z-transformation
- Hambley, Allan R.: Electrical Engineering. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, 2002.
- Hsu, H.P.: Schaum's Outlines: Signals and Systems. McGraw-Hill, New York, 1995.
- Kittel, Ch.: Introduction to Solid State Physics. Wiley, New York, 1996.
- Profos, P. and T. Pfeifer: Handbuch der industriellen Messtechnik. R. Oldenbourg, München, 1994.
- Sze, S.M.: Physics of Semiconductor Devices. John Wiley & sons, New York, 1981.
- Monday 10:15-12:00
- Thursday 10:15-12:00
- First Lecture: