- SWS: 2V + 2Ü - 6 ECTS
- prerequisites: CS or Medieninformatik (Semester >= 5)
- the lecture will be offered in English
- Introduction to Parallel Computing
- Basic Algorithms:
- Map, reduce, parallel branching, sorting
- Parallel data storage and retrieval
- Parallel Computation:
- FFT, particle systems
- Parallel linear equation solvers, parallel PDEs
- Parallel complexity analysis and profiling
- System integration and graphics processor clusters
- Student Projects
- Students will present their projects on Tuesday, 15.02.2011. This time we will begin at 9:15 in room O27/331. Feel free to use this template for your presentation.
- Students are required to register on this mailing list for the lecture.
- First lecture on: Tuesday, October, 19th.
- groups of two students are allowed
- formal exercises are handed out during the first six weeks
- from beginning of December until Feb/Mar 2011
- sample problems on current research topics in various fields will be announced
- students are required to provide a written project proposal
- they need to implement the project and
- present the solution during the last lectures
- written project summary is due end of March 2011
- will depend on the quality of the project solution, on the evaluation of results and on the difficulty and the realization
- (you need to register for the grading as if it were an oral exam)
Please see the course page for details.