Lecture Course: Foundations of Media Informatics, Winterr Term 2022/23
For access to the moodle course, please write an email with the subject "[DM] Moodle-Passwort" to email@example.com.
All further information can be found in the moodle course.
Important: The course will start in the second week of the semester this year. The first lecture will be held on 25th October 2022.
The participants will learn to master the basic concepts of processing, storage, presentation and communication of media data in the form of text, images, audio and video. The most important algorithms for the different media types and their implementation are introduced. Furthermore, methods to to analyze and evaluate the respective advantages and disadvantages of certain procedures are trained.
- Basics: Digital representation, capacity requirements of digital media, encoding and compression
- Text: script and alphabet, coding standards, typeface, advanced text representations
- Vector graphics: 2D shapes and operations, animations
- Image generation: rasterization of 2D shapes
- Image Processing: convolution and rank-based operators, CNNs
- Image Storage:iImage file formats and compression
- Audio: physical and physiological principles, audio coding and compression, representation of music
- Video: digital video and video compression
on Tuesday, 10 - 12 am
on Wednesdays according to announcements