If you have never dealt with a data center before:
Requirements for an account with the SGI
Everyone gets an account that:
- Studies Computer Science and has a valid studentID
- Students of other disciplines with proof of necessity and valid matriculation number
- Employees of the computer science facutly
If none of these conditions are met, the account will be withdrawn.
There must also be a willingness to accept the SGI's user rules
What do the SGI computer accounts contain?
The computer accounts entitle the owner to use the computers, programs and services of the SGI Pools in accordance with the regulations. This includes among other things:
- Access authorization to the computers in the SGI pools
- Disk space for study-related files
- A printing quota
How do I change my password?
As usual under the respective operating systems:
Windows: Press Ctrl-Alt-Del if you are already logged in. In the appearing menu there is the item "Change Password ...".
Linux: Use the command "passwd".