Dominik Meißner has received a Master diploma cum laude in Computer Science from Ulm University in 2017. They then joined the Institute of Distributed Systems and are currently employed as a research assistant.
- Distributed Computing
- Event processing
- Distribution and parallelization aspects
- Time & programming models
- Distributed systems & architectures
- Event-driven architectures
- Event sourcing & CQRS
- Retroaction in event-sourced systems
- Scalability of architectures
- Concurrency and parallelism
- Other Topics
- Web technologies & web architectures
- Programming languages and concepts
- Open data & open educational ressources
- Introduction to Computer Networks (Grundlagen der Rechnernetze) [WiSe17,WiSe18]
- Advanced Concepts of Communication Networks (Fortgeschrittene Konzepte der Rechnernetze) [SoSe18]
- Distributed Computing Platforms in Practice (Verteilte Berechnungsplattformen in der Praxis) [SoSe19]
Seminars and Student Projects
- Seminar: Privacy in the Internet (Privacy im Internet) [WiSe17,WiSe18]
- Seminar: Selected Topics in Distributed Systems (Ausgewählte Themen in Verteilten Systemen) [WiSe17, SoSe18,WiSe18,SoSe19]
- Seminar: Research Trends in Distributed Systems (Forschungstrends in Verteilten Systemen) [WiSe17, SoSe18,WiSe18,SoSe19]
- Project: Computer Networks and IT-Security (Rechnernetze und IT-Sicherheit) [multiple individual student projects]
The section lists open and finished topics for theses. More topics for Bachelor/Master theses are available on the thesis website of the institute.
I am also accepting own topics that relate to my fields of interests. Please get in touch for suggestions.
Individual Student Projects
I provide a number of individual master projects that are related to my field of research. Several student thesis topics can also be worked on as part of a master project.
Most projects can be conducted as 8 LP or 16 LP projects, depending on the focus and extent of the topic.
For more details, please get in touch with me.
- Serverless Computing (Seminar ATVS/RTDS; Summer Term 2019)
- Smart Home Security (Seminar ATVS/RTDS; Summer Term 2019)
- Distributed Causality Tracking (Seminar ATVS/RTDS; Winter Term 2018/2019)
- GDPR: Theorie und Praxis (Proseminar PRIV; Winter Term 2018/2019)
- Machine Learning on Event Streams (Seminar ATVS; Summer Term 2018)
- Networking in Online Multiplayer Games (Seminar ATVS; Winter Term 2017/2018)
- Privacy in Instant Messaging Anwendungen (Proseminar PRIV; Winter Term 2017/2018)