Extension for a third/fourth semester:
We can normally grant admission as temporary non-degree student only for a period of up to two semesters. However, for students who wish to stay longer, e.g. to do their master thesis in Ulm, we can grant exceptions.
First you have to find a supervisor for your thesis and decide on a topic. Then ask your supervisor to send an eMail to the appropriate contact person at the International Office, confirming that
- he/she has accepted you for a thesis project,
- what the topic is going to be
- when you are going to start and how long it is going to take.
In addition, you should
- Make out a new learning agreement and list all the new courses as "added".
- Erasmus+ and SEMP Students: Please use the form "During the Mobility" provided by your home university
- Exchange Students and Free Mover: You may use our learning agreement modifications form
- Have the new learning agreement signed by the responsible person at your home university and
- the departmental Erasmus+ coordinator (Erasmus+ and SEMP Students)
- the student advisor (Fachstudienberater) (Exchange Students and Free Mover)
- Submit the new learning agreement to the appropriate contact person
- Ask your home university to write a letter or an eMail to the appropriate contact person at the International Office, confirming that
- they approve of your extension
- that you will be given credit for your achievements during your second semester in Ulm
- that you will remain a registered degree-student at your home university during the extension period.
We will then make out the documents that you need to re-register at Ulm University for your second semester.
In case your home university needs a specific form to be signed to confirm the approval of the extension, we will make out this form after the steps described above have been completed.