Please note:

In May 2016, the European parliament has passed the directive (EU) 2016/801 which is intended to facilitate the mobility of non-EU students within EU countries.

Non-European students don't need to apply for a visa at the German Embassy anymore. Instead, the International Office of Ulm University will file a request with the Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge (BAMF /Federal Office for Migration and Refugees) to the effect that the study visa and residence permit of the other EU country will be recognized in Germany. At the end of this procedure, the BAMF will issue a Certificate of Mobility for those students.

Students will receive this Certificate of Mobility after arrival in Ulm. If they have a Schengen visa for study purposes in the country of the home university/sending university, they can enter Germany on that visa.

For this purpose, please submit the necessary documentation to the International Office of Ulm University so we can make the necessary arrangements according to the new procedure.

Visa & Residence Permit

Non-EU Nationals from EU Countries