High Performance Computing II - summer term 2019
We will focus on a realistic model problem (rotor) in order to introduce the main topics of numerical methods for High Performance Computing.
First exercise class on Wednesday, April 24! Please enroll in moodle for this course!
Questions concerning the exercises/lab or the lecture, please contact Constantin Greif.
- Architecture of Parallel Computers
- Parallelization, MPI, Cuda
- The Cluster Pacioli
- Parallel Finite Elemente Method
- Parallel Numerical Methods for Linear Systems of Equations
- Domain Decomposition
- Parallel Preconditioning
- Parallel Multigrid Methods
- Symmetric Eigenvalue Problems
- Storage Formats for Sparse Matrices
Lecture, Exercises, Lab (2/2/2), i.e. 8 credits (Master)
Monday 8:00 - 10:00; Heho18 - 120
|Exercises and Lab|
Wednesday 16:00 - 20:00; Heho18 - E60
Exam The exam will be a project at the end of the semester.
- April 29: PDE model problem.
- May 06: FEM realization in MATLAB.
- May 13: Sparse Matrix data formats and uniform refinement.
- May 20: Direct & Iterative Methods.