Basic Information on the Lecture
This course is intended to give its participants a more profound knowledge of both algebra and number theory, and to supply the foundations of further independent scientific study in this direction. It will treat the following themes, among others:
- Algebraic number fields
- Finiteness of the class number
- Dirichlet's unit theorem
- Zeta- and L-functions
- Explicit aspects
- Elemente der Algebra
- Elemente der Funktionentheorie
Target audience and examination
This is a V4Ue2 course that counts for 9LP. It will be given in English.
In the Bachelor, this course is not yet examined. However, it can be followed as an additional module.
In the Master Mathematics and Mathematical Economics, this course can be taken as a chosen compulsory module in Pure Mathematics.
- Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., He18, Room E20
- Thursday, 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., He 18, Room E60
- Friday 10 a.m. till Noon, N24, Room 254