Prof. Dr. Karsten Urban
Current doctoral students
- Stefan Hain
- Charlotte Huber
- Florian Kunstmann
- Janina Anderer
- Constantin Greif
- Laura Burr
- Lewin Ernst
- Samuel Knaus
Current courses can be found via Moodle or the institute website.
Main research topics
- Numerical mathematics and scientific computing.
- Numerical solution of PDEs and numerical optimization.
- Reduced basis methods.
- Application of multiscale methods for the numerical simulation of PDEs.
- Partial differential equations from fluid mechanics
- Dean of Studies CSE
- Deputy Spokesman of the Research Association for Scientific Computing in Baden-Württemberg 2012-
- Chairman of the Mathematics Technical Committee of ASIIN 2014 -
- Member of the University Council of Ulm University, 2016 -
- Managing Editor in Chief von Advances in Comuptational mathematics 2016 -
- Editor von SN Partial Differential Equations and Applications, 2019-