Sustainable Innovation Management
- Triggering interests in sustainable and social innovations
- Uncovering the topic of sustainable innovation management within the framework of alternative business models
- Strengthening skills and methods for sustainable innovation management in different companies and contexts
- Teaching the scientific foundations of design thinking and participatory design and their application for developing sustainable innovative ideas
Overview of main topics of sustainable innovation management
- Definition of sustainable and social innovations
- Definition of sustainable innovation management
- Alternative business models and sustainable innovation management
- The essential components of a successful sustainable innovation management
- The essential tools and methods for a successful sustainable innovation management
- Sustainable innovation management in the digital era
- Basic strategies of sustainable innovation management
- Ries, E/ (2011): The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses. New York/ USA.
- Ries, E/ (2017): The Lean Startup: The Startup Way: How Modern Companies Use Entrepreneurial Management to Transform Culture and Drive Long-Term Growth. New York/ USA.
- von Hippel, E/ (2005): Democratizing Innovation. Cambridge/ MA. Available at SSRN: ssrn.com/abstract=712763
- Schmidt-Keilich, M./ Schrader, U./ (2019): Sustainability innovation by integrating employees: The potential of sustainable embedded lead users, in: International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development, 13, 1.
Dates and Room
The course runs all day on the following dates:
Fr. 17.05.2019 (from 09:00 - 17:00; Villa Eberhardt);
Sa. 18.05.2019 (from 09:00 - 17:00; Villa Eberhardt);
Fr. 05.07.2019 (from 09:00 - 17:00; Villa Eberhardt);
Sa. 06.07.2019 (from 09:00 - 17:00; Villa Eberhardt).
The lecture earns you 5 credit points and is open for:
- Nachhaltige Unternehmensführung (Master)