Olga Polianski, M. A.
Born and raised in Saint Petersburg, Olga Polianski studied History at the University of Saint Petersburg and ancient history and library science at the Humboldt University in Berlin. From 1993 to 1997, she worked as a scientific assistant in the department of restoration of tempera paintings at the National Hermitage Saint Petersburg to establish and organize a library. From 1998 to 2001, she was employed as a student assistant in the project "Die USSR und die deutsche Frage (1941-1948)." She edited documents from the Archive for Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. From 2002 to 2006, she was student assistant at the Humboldt University Berlin. From April 2006 until March 2009 she was employed as a librarian at the National Library in Berlin; since March 2008 she was in charge of the East European reading room. From April 2009 to the present, Olga Polianski has been employed as librarian at the Institute of the History, Philosophy and Ethics of Medicine at Ulm University, Germany.