The Core Unit Immune Monitoring of solid tumors offers a service platform of the medical faculty and the University Medical Center Ulm.
Our goal is to provide an optimal full-service in the field of immune monitoring of human and murine solid tumors to all members of the University Medical Center and Ulm University as well as to external industrial and academic partners. Our full-service extends from sample preparation to the staining of samples using standardized panels for immune phenotyping as well as data analysis and interpretation. Human (e.g. tumors, PBMCs) as well as murine (e.g. tumors, blood, lymphatic organs) tissue can be prepared and analyzed.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding your questions and projects!
The services provided include:
- Initial project planing
- Sample preparation (human/mouse)
- Development and establishment of individual panels
- Data analysis
We also offer exosome isolation and quantification and size distribution of exosomes as well as cell characterisation and phenotyping using standardised staining panels. Furthermore, we offer our service of immune monitoring of immunologically relevant organs for all research areas (e.g. liquid tumours, trauma, ageing, neurodegenerative diseases).
Flow cytometer Gallios from Beckman Coulter
The Gallios™ 10/3 flow cytometer provides:
- 3 solid state lasers and 10 photomultiplier tubes that can measure up to 10 colours simultaneously:
- 488 nm (blue): 5 colours (FITC, PE, ECD, PE-Cy5/PE-Cy5.5 and PE-Cy7)
- 638 nm (red): 3 colours (APC/AlexaFluor647, AlexaFluor700/APC-Cy7 and APC-AlexaFluor750)
- 405 nm (violet): 2 colours (Pacific Blue and Pacific Orange)
- 3 selectable flow rates: low, medium and high
- Automatic sample feed using a 32-sample carousel, where each measuring tube is mixed directly before the measurement by means of a built-in vortex and a barcode can be read
- 25.000 events per second oder 80 tubes/hour with the collection of 10,000 lymphocytes from
- 20-bit data acquisition allows subsequent compensation of the measurement data and the display of 6 log cycles
Combinations of different forward scatter angles allow even extremely small particles (0.4 and 0.5 µm) to be distinguished from each other.
Particle Metrix ZetaView Tracking Analyzer
In addition, we offer the isolation of exosomes and their subsequent analysis using ZetaView. This technique allows individual tracking and measuring of exosomes and all measurements can be viewed and saved in video format. The device consists of a cell unit, a laser (488 nm), a microscope and a video camera.
- Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA) Instrument for tracking the Brownian movement of individual visualised nanoparticles in suspension (microvesicles and exosomes)
- Real-time visualisation of Brownian motion and electrophoretic mobility, for measuring size and concentration in the scattered light or fluorescence mode.
- Very short measuring times for the detection and analysis of typically 1000 particles in about 1 minute
- Concentration range: 105 – 109 particles/ml
- Particle size: 10nm - 2000nm (depending on sample and laser selection)