MuT - Mentoring & Training
MuT - Mentoring and Training is a programme for the advancement of highly qualified female junior academics in the federal state of Baden-Württemberg. Eligible for participation are female academics who are working towards or already have their PhD or postdoctoral teaching qualification (Privatdozentinnen and Habilitandinnen), postdocs and Juniorprofessoren.
The participation fee for scientists at Ulm University will be refunded by the Office for Equal Opportunities. Please pay the participation fee into the account of ‘LaKoG | University of Stuttgart’ (Conference of Equal Opportunities Officers at universities and academic institutions in Baden-Württemberg) and then submit the confirmation letter from LaKoG together with the completed form to the Office for Equal Opportunities within four weeks of the event to get reimbursed.
In a mentoring relationship the mentor helps to guide the junior academic with knowledge and experience and gives them an idea of the values and norms of the scientific community. The person being mentored may benefit in the following ways:
- utilising the mentor’s experience and knowledge,
- obtaining advice on how to develop their qualification profile,
- receiving guidance in situations of professional orientation,
- creating opportunities to take on special tasks.
The workshops are being developed, organised and facilitated in alignment with the participants’ suggestions and needs:
- job application training, (professorship) appointments,
- acquisition of third-party funds,
- communication and motivation,
- conflict management,