All information about the Mobility Programme can be found in the proposal .
Please note, there is no application deadline, but we grant the money on a first come - first served principle.
1. Fill out the application form and hand it in - add confirmation of your participation.
2. If your application is approved, you will get a confirmation e-mail with more details and further form like "Dienstreiseantrag" and the travel reimbursement form.
3. Hand in the "Dienstreiseantrag" to our office - the one from the university. We need it - without, there will be no payment afterwards. We will get it approved and add our "Kostenstelle". You can apply with it for advanced payment - but only if you have costs above 600€ and the application must be in due time.
4. After you are back - hand in the travel reimbursement form at our office - twice! Look at the information in your confirmation e-mail! We sign it - not your boss - since we pay! You always need to do the travel reimbursement process - even if your costs are already covered by the advanced payment.
5. Be nice and do the travel reimbursement asap! Don't drag it into the next year! The money is blocked for you, won't be used otherwise and if you do it too late, your money will be reduced from the funds of the next year.
The rules of procedure of ProTrainU (Satzung Nachwuchsakademie ProTrainU) were agreed upon and came into operation in winter 2017 and were altered in January 2020 (decision in Senate, 15th January 2020). They form the basis of our work at ProTrainU.
The mission of the Graduate and Professional Training Center Ulm (ProTrainU) is to provide a framework for training and advice of early career researchers of all faculties such as PhD students, postdocs and group leaders according to excellent international standards. Training will be transdisciplinary on an international background and is based on a proven scientific excellence gained through third party funding of collaborative research networks (e. g. through the Excellence Initiative of the German Federal and State Governments, DFG, BMBF, state of Baden-Württemberg, EU).
ProTrainU supports young researchers throughout their qualification phases with scientific and key competence training as well as measures for internationalization, career orientation, individual coaching /advice and networking. The self-reliance and independence of early career researchers is strengthened during their preparation for a career in academia, industry or the non-profit sector. Young researchers will be enabled to make a well-qualified decision with respect to their future career. By this, ProTainU will also contribute to developing transparent and structured career paths.
Here you will find the doctoral regulations/Promotionsordnungen of each faculty: www.uni-ulm.de/einrichtungen/zuv/dez1/recht-und-organisation/satzungen-und-ordnungen/studium-promotion-habilitation/promotionsordnungen/
External advice, coaching and mentoring
MuT Mentoring and Training, c/o Lakog Stuttgart https://www.lakog.uni-stuttgart.de/mentoring_und_training/
Courses and mentoring tandems are offered (usually in German).
Lakog - Landeskonferenz der Gleichstellungsbeauftragten an wissenschaftlichen Hochschulen in Baden-Württemberg www.lakog.uni-stuttgart.de
Lakof - Landeskonferenz der Gleichstellungsbeauftragten an Hochschulen für angewandte Wissenschaften in Baden-Württemberg www.lakof-bw.de/startseite/
Ulm University is member of UniWiND, the German University Association of Advanced Graduate Training (UniWiND/GUAT). Members of this association declared the promotion of young researchers as their focus area. They aim at high standards in training for doctoral candidates and young academic professionals in order to foster their careers inside and outside academia. The network facilitates cross-university exchange of good practices on issues of common concern related to opportunities, challenges and reforms of graduate education. For more information about UniWiND, see: http://www.uniwind.org
ProTrainU actively cooperates within Qualitätszirkel Promotion QZP, an informal working group which is dedicated to exchange between universities and their graduate centres to enhance doctoral education and career development of postdocs. Read more: https://www.qz-promotion.de/
Here, you can find short guidelines edited by the QZP which help to prepare and structure your doctorate - in Englisch and German, for doctoral candidates and for supervisors: www.qz-promotion.de/home/downloads/