Coaching and Advice
The coordination office of ProTrainU will help you with most general questions about your doctoral studies or further steps in your scientific/academic career. Nevertheless, there are some fields of expertise where you have specific contact persons:
- Promotionssekretariat: For questions regarding the academic requirements and formalities specific to your subject you should contact the doctoral studies office of your faculty i.g. Promotionssekretariat
- International Office: If you are an international doctoral student or young researcher you might also find advice at the International Office
- Conflict Management: In cases of conflict, doctoral students can make use of the institutionalized conflict management.
- Promovierendenkonvent: If you want to get advice from your fellow doctoral students regarding your thesis, supervision or in cases of conflict you can contact the Promovierendenkonvent. Besides advising you in these matters this council represents the interests of doctoral students in various university committees.
- Equal Opportunities Office: Female doctoral candidates and researchers can additionally receive individual advice and financial support at the Equal Opportunities Office.
- Good Scientific Practice is essential for serious research. If you have any questions or remarks concerning GSP you will find more information here
- Res.Ul: As applying for funding is an essential task for every scientist in order to finance your research, Ulm University has established a structure to support members of the University when preparing proposals for external funding within the Center for Research Strategy and Support Res.Ul.
- Technology transfer: In case you want to cooperate with companies or other associations in order to promote your work or bring your work to the market, Ulm University offers supporting structures. Your enquiries will be kept confidential. You can find more information about technology transfer here
Further Coaching Offers
Individuelle Konfliktberatung durch das Dezernat III. bei Inter- und intrapersonellen Konflikten und Problemen sowie Beratung bei Konflikten innerhalb und zwischen diversen Gruppen.
Contact: Thomas Haimerl
Bei Fragen zu Ihrem Arbeitsvertrag, Laufzeiten, Verlängerungen, Anrechnung von Erziehungszeiten etc. wenden Sie sich bitte an Ihre zuständige Sachbearbeitung im Personaldezernat.
Please contact our human resources department if you have any questions concerning your employment contract, durations, renewals, parental leave etc.
Bei Fragen zum Vertrag oder in Konfliktfällen können Sie sich auch an den Personalrat wenden.
With questions regarding your employment you can contact the Personalrat. This council consists of personnel employed specifically to represent the rights of all employees at Ulm University and can assist you in cases of conflict.