The Institute of Chemical Engineering intermeshs the competencies in chemical reaction engineering, separation technology and chemical thermodynamics with novel methods, such as additive manufacturing, photo chemistry and unsteady-state operation. The scientific aim of the unique combination of disciplines is the intensification of chemical processes with respect to the demanding energy and raw material transition, which will be achieved by integration of experiments and numerical simulation. Furthermore, the institute provides those competencies from a single source to support our academic and industrial partners in research and development.
Details on the focus of our research groups can be found in the respective pages. A perspective of our research ideas is published by Chemie Ingenieur Technik.
- various test rigs for multiphase reactions (continuous operation, elevated temperature and pressure, fully automated)
- on- and off-line gas chromatographs
- mass spectrometers (100 amu)
- physisorption (micro and mesopores)
- chemisorption (dynamic and volumetric method)
Simulation software (research licenses)
- AspenTech University Program
- COMSOL Multiphysics
Chemical and Process Engineering
- consulting in chemical engineering issues
- development of chemical processes with reaction and separation steps
- modeling and simulation of chemical processes and multiphase apparatuses
Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Development of solid catalysts
- Determination of reaction kinetics
- Design and development of chemical reactors
We are collaborating with Biberach University of Applied Sciences within the framework 'InnoSüd' for the development of an open lab to transfer technology for utilization of side and waste streams from lab to pilot scale.