Proof of language proficiency for German-taught study programmes
Applicants who did not obtain their higher education entrance qualification at a German-speaking institution/in a German-taught study programme, need to provide proof of sufficient German language proficiency to study at university level before they can begin their studies.
The following language tests are recognised for higher education entrance:
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang –DSH 2 or DSH 3
- Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache – TestDaF, with level 4 in all four parts of the TestDaF examination
- A pass in the test section Deutsch/German of the higher education entrance assessment exam at a Studienkolleg (institution that prepares students to study at university level)
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz (German Language Certificate of the Education Ministers Conference) –DSD II (level 2)
- telc Deutsch C 1 Hochschule
- Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung (ZOP), Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom (KDS) and Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS) of the Goethe Institute – valid only until 31 Dec 2016
- Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom
- Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS)
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung II of the Sprachen- und Dolmetscher-Institut München
- German language certificates recognised through bilateral agreements or other agreements made by the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs (KMK) and the German Rectors’ Conference (HRK) as sufficient for pursuing university level.
In Ulm, the TestDaF can be taken at the Volkshochschule or at Inlingua.
In study programmes with restricted admission one of the above mentioned certificates needs to be provided before the application deadline expires.
In programmes with unrestricted admission proof of German language proficiency at the level B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is sufficient at the time of application. By the time of enrolment, applicants are required to provide one of the above mentioned language certificates. Enrolment without one of the above mentioned language certificates is not possible.
Dept. II-1 Admissions Office
Phone: +49 731 50-24444
Fax: +49 731 50-22074