Higher semesters bachelor’s programmes
Bachelor’s programmes with restricted and unrestricted admission
The bachelor’s programmes Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Medicine, Economics, Psychology and Teaching Biology at German grammar schools (Gymnasium) have restricted admission for higher semesters also.
The bachelor’s programmes Chemistry, Chemistry and Management, Chemical Engineering, Computational Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Communications and Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Mathematical Biometry, Media Informatics, Mathematics and Management and Physics, Physics and Management, Software Engineering have no restrictions on admission.
Those who change degree programmes in the 3rd or a higher semester at a German higher education institution must provide a consultation attestation signed by a course advisor at the time of enrolment. You can find the course advisor consultation attestation form and FAQs on changing programmes in a higher semester here.
If not stated otherwise, please attach single copies of the following documents to your online application:
- application form (original)
- data protocol
· If the higher education entrance qualification was obtained in Germany, please submit copies of any of the following certificates that apply to you:
- Abitur/general German higher education entrance qualification with or without intermediate/advanced proficiency certificate in Latin :
- subject-restricted higher education entrance qualification
- university of applied science entrance qualification
- delta exam (Deltaprüfung)
- relevant professional qualification
· with non-German higher education institution entrance qualification: copy of the original final secondary education certificate plus certified translation into German or English; proof of sufficient German proficiency (e.g. DSH-2, TestDaF 4x4, university entrance assessment examination). Germans with foreign education certificates also need a certificate of recognition issued by the regional office for the recognition of education certificates (Zeugnisanerkennungsstelle)
- current certificate of enrolment stating the degree programme and number of semesters in the programme
- letter of admission (issued by hochschulstart or the higher education institution)
- certificates (transcript of records, certificate of achievement, internships etc.)
- applicants who change university in study programmes with restricted admission: proof regarding social criteria (e.g. severely disabled ID card, certificate of residence together with husband/wife/child(ren), detailed explanation) if applicable
The following additional documents are required for foreign certificates/qualifications:
- copies of the original certificates
- copies of certified translations into German or English
- transcript of records
- applicants from China, Mongolia and Vietnam: the original of the APS certificate
- certificate of sufficient German language proficiency (e.g. DSH-2, TestDaF 4 x 4, university entrance assessment examination)
Applications for teacher education programmes:
- two copies of all application documents
Only those certificates which the applicant has not yet received by the application cut-off date can be handed in until 1 September for winter semester applications and until 1 March for summer semester applications. Proof of German language proficiency must be received by the University by the application cut-off date.
Documents/certificates received later can be considered in subsequent succession procedures.
Vacant places in bachelor’s programmes with restricted admission are given to applicants with respective level of education and study times in accordance with the semester they apply for. The allocation of places is carried out in the following order:
- waitlist successors - applicants with admission in the first semester of the programme at Ulm University in which they apply for the higher semester at Ulm University;
- applicants switching universities/resuming studies - applicants with admission at a German or other higher education institution in one of the EU Member States in the study programme in which they apply for the higher semester at Ulm University;
- lateral entrants - other applicants.
In the case of equal scores among these groups, priority is given to those with the highest number of credit points / study achievements in the programme. Next deciding factor is the overall grade in the higher education entrance qualification. If the scores are still even, the decision is made by lottery.
Application options summer semester
|Biochemistry||Bachelor||2. 4. 6.|
|Biology||Bachelor||2. 4. 6. |
|Biology||Teaching at German grammar schools (Gymnasium) ||2. 4. 6. |
|Chemistry||Bachelor|| 2. 4. 6. |
|Chemistry||Teaching at German grammar schools (Gymnasium) ||2. 4. 6. |
|Chemical Engineering||Bachelor||2. 4. 6.|
|Computational Science and Engineering||Bachelor||2. 4. 6.|
|Electrical Engineering||Bachelor|| 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. |
|Human Medicine||State examination (Staatsexamen)||2. 4. 6. 8. 10. |
|Computer Science||Bachelor||2. 3. 4. 5. 6.|
|Computer Science||Teaching at German grammar schools (Gymnasium) ||2. 4. 6. |
|Communications and Computer Engineering||Bachelor||2. 3. 4. 5. 6. |
|Mathematics||Bachelor||2. 3. 4. 5. 6.|
|Mathematics||Teaching at German grammar schools (Gymnasium) ||2. 4. 6. |
|Mathematical Biometry||Bachelor||2. 4. 6.|
|Media Informatics||Bachelor||2. 3. 4. 5. 6. |
|Molecular Medicine||Bachelor||2. 4. 6. |
|Science and Technology||Teaching at German grammar schools (Gymnasium)||2. 4. 6.|
|Physics||Bachelor||2. 3. 4. 5. 6. |
|Physics||Teaching at German grammar schools (Gymnasium) || 2. 4. 6. |
|Psychology||Bachelor||2. 4. 6.|
|Software Engineering||Bachelor||2. 3. 4. 5. 6.|
|Chemistry and Management||Bachelor||2. 4. 6. |
|Mathematics and Management||Bachelor|| 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. |
|Physics and Management||Bachelor||2. 3. 4. 5. 6.|
|Management and Economics||Bachelor||2. 4. 6. |
|Management and Economics||Teaching at German grammar schools (Gymnasium)||2. 4. 6.|
|Dentistry||State examination (Staatsexamen)||2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.|
|In German-taught master’s programmes you are free to apply for any semester.|
- If you don't verify your status sufficiently with a certificate of enrolment and/or a letter of admission, you are automatically assigned the status of a lateral entrant.
- It is not possible to simultaneously enrol in the same degree programme at more than one university.
- Those who definitively did not pass an exam in the degree programme they apply for or in a related programme and/or have definitively lost the right to examination are not eligible to partake in the allocation procedure.
- The application documents (no originals please!) become property of Ulm University and will not be returned. Candidates who reapply must resubmit the complete documentation; it is not possible to refer to documents on file at Ulm University.
- Incomplete applications get rejected.
- Letters of admission are sent out at least two weeks before the beginning of the semester.
- Participation in courses is only possible in accordance with the current study regulations of Ulm University and the level of education as stated in the letter of admission.
- If you commence your studies after the official start of the lecture period, delays in the study progress are to be expected. Admission to certain courses might be closed by then.