Master of Science in Psychology
The online application is available during the following times:
for the winter semester 15 April to 15 May (cut-off date)
Applications (including all supporting documents) must be submitted in paper form and received by Ulm University, Albert-Einstein-Allee 5, 89081 Ulm by the application cut-off date.
We do not accept applications and supporting documents/certificates sent by e-mail.
Entrance requirements Master of Science in Psychology
Entrance requirement is the proof of a bachelor's degree with examination results in Psychology or another programme with largely equivalent contents obtained at a German or foreign higher education institution, or a qualification which is recognised as equivalent at the level of at least three years of study. A study programme with largely equivalent contents is a bachelor's degree in which at least 45 credit points were obtained in the area of Psychology, with 28 credit points in the areas of methodology and diagnostics.
Valid proofs of exam results are:
- a bachelor's degree with an overall final grade of 2.6 or better
- if you have not yet completed your degree: study achievements and examination results with a minimum of 140 credit points and an overall grade of 2.9 or better
Applicants who did not obtain their study qualifications at a German-speaking institution need to provide proof of the required German language proficiency by the time of the application cut-off date (e.g. Abitur/general higher education entrance qualification from a German-speaking school).
For further requirements and the admission procedure, please see the admission statute.
Required documents Master of Science in Psychology
After completing the online application you need to submit the following documents:
- application form (signed original)
- data protocol (protocol of the online application)
- copy of the bachelor’s degree certificate in Psychology or a degree recognised as equivalent at the level of at least three years of study, as well as a transcript of records issued by the higher education institution stating subjects, grades and credit points
- if you have not yet completed your degree: transcript of records issued by the higher education institution stating all study achievements and exam results obtained up to the application cut-off date (transcript of records), including overall grade and overall credit points (ECTS)
- form for additional subject-specific details
- for claims of hardship: proof of exceptional case of hardship (detailed explanation and supporting documents)
- if the study qualifications were not obtained at a German-speaking institution or were not taught in German, additional documentation is required:
- copy of the original certificates and copy of the certified translations into German or English as well as grading system of the foreign institution
- applicants from China, Mongolia, Vietnam: the original of the APS certificate
- proof of required German language proficiency (e.g. DSH-2, TestDaF 4 x 4, telc Deutsch C1, higher education entrance assessment examination, German higher education entrance qualification).
If the number of qualified applicants exceeds the overall number of available places, selection is based on a ranking list.
The ranking list is based on the following criteria:
- overall grade of the bachelor's degree, or overall grade of the study achievements and exam results obtained up to the application cut-off date;
- the results of the voluntary test (see §§ 4 and 5 of the admission statute)
Participation in the voluntary test improves your chances for admission significantly. Only applicants who fulfil the entrance requirements and receive an invitation two weeks before the date can participate. The test takes place on 29 June 2018 . A fee of €20.00 will be charged.
Click here for further information.