International prospective and current students

Information for international prospective and current students

  • General questions around studying at Ulm University

    • Where can I find advice for refugees at the University?

    • Who supports me during my studies?

    • How do I get my visa? What do I have to bear in mind during my studies with regards to the residence permit?

    • Where can I find help when I have problems with authorities or insurance companies?

    The International Office is the central (primary) contact body for international students. They support international students in all matters concerning their studies and beyond (e.g. study requirements and preparation, residence permit, transition to doctoral studies/ job, problems with authorities).

    The Zentrale Studienberatung (central student advisory services) provide advice on all general questions in relation to choosing and realising a degree.

  • Application and admission

    • Information on application and admission for international prospective students and refugees

    The Zulassungsabteilung (admissions office) has a contact person for general questions on the application and admission procedure for EU citizens and for prospective students from countries outside the EU respectively.

  • English-taught master’s programmes

    • Who can I contact if I have questions on applying for an English-taught master's programme or programme contents?

    • How do I find an apartment?

    • How to finance my studies?

    Contact the programme coordinators for any questions concerning English-taught master's programmes (application, course of studies, requirements). They can also help students in English-taught programmes with questions on accommodation and finances.

  • Funding your studies

    • How can I finance my studies in Germany?

    The student finance department of the Studierendenwerk (student services) offers comprehensive information and answers questions on the topic of funding options, including BAföG, scholarships, loans, jobs.

    The International Office advises international students on how to fund their studies (including scholarships).

  • Accommodation

    • How do I get an apartment?

    The accommodation department of the Studierendenwerk (student services) offers information on accommodation and an overview of the student residences in Ulm.

    The International Office also supports international students in their search for accommodation, if required.

  • Psychosocial challenges

    • Who can I turn to if I have problems adjusting with regards to my studies, everyday life, culture, homesickness etc.?


    The Psychosocial Counselling Service of the Studierendenwerk (student services) offers support for students who have problems adjusting in their studies and everyday life as well as those who struggle with homesickness and other psychosocial difficulties.

  • Offers for students by students

    The international unit of the student representative body (StuVe) has the task of representing and communicating the interests and needs of international students. There are also a number of multicultural events and extra activities on a regular basis in order to improve the networking of international students.

Ulm für Einsteiger - English version

Bei Fragen zum Beratungskompass wenden Sie sich bitte an:

Zentrale Studienberatung

Albert-Einstein-Allee 5
89081 Ulm
Email: zentralestudienberatung(at)