In addition to numerous Institutes that operate academically on the level of the Faculties, Ulm University has various other academic institutions and central operational facilities.
Central academic institutions
- Botanischer Garten Botanical Garden (German only)
- School of Humanities School of Humanities
- Zentrale Einrichtung Elektronenmikroskopie Electron Microscopy
- Institute for Molecular Medicine Institute of Molecular Medicine
- International Graduate School in Molecular Medicine Ulm
- School of Advanced Professional Studies (SAPS)
- Nachwuchsakademie Graduate and Professional Training Center Ulm (ProTrainU)
Central operational facilities
Collaborative Research Centres
- Collaborative Research Centre SFB/Transregio 62 'A Companion-Technology for Cognitive Technical Systems'
- Collaborative Research Centre SFB1074 'Experimental Models and Clinical Translation in Leukemia'
- Collaborative Research Centre SFB 1149 'Danger Response, Disturbance Factors and Regenerative Potential after Acute Trauma'
Interdisciplinary research foci / competence centres
- Competence Centre E-Learning in Medicine
- Competence Centre F³ - esearch centre for cooperative, highly automated driver assistance systems and driving functions
- Competence Centre Ulm Peptide Pharmaceuticals (U-PEP)
- Competence Centre Leadership Personal Care Ulm (LPCU)
- Competence Center for Electrochemical Energy Storage (CELEST)
- Competence Center Large-Scale Software (LS3)
- Neurocenter of Ulm University (NCU)
- Center for Integrated Quantum Science and Technology (IQST)
- Scientific Computing Centre of Ulm University (UZWR)
- Centre Medicine and Society of Ulm University
- Zentrum für Translationale Bildgebung der Universität Ulm (MoMan)
- Zentrum für Traumafoschung der Universität Ulm (ZTF)