Opportunities for collaboration between academia and business
Ulm University appeals to businesses with its true and open culture of cooperation, which creates a win-win situation for both sides. The University develops scientifically founded solutions for current challenges in economy and society and collaborates with strong partners to put them into practice.
The University is designated partner in the following projects:
- Boehringer Ingelheim Ulm University BioCenter (BIU)
- driveu - Innovation centre of Daimler AG and Ulm University
- Tech Center a-drive - research centre for automated driving
- Reality Lab Sustainable Transformation of the Textile Industry
- Scientific Computing Centre Ulm (Ulmer Zentrum für Wissenschaftliches Rechnen UZWR)
- Ulmer Kolloquium im Wirtschafts- und Steuerrecht (Ulm congress on business and tax law)
There are plenty of opportunities for collaboration outside of these institutions as well:
- Businesses can develop solutions to specific problems in collaboration with individual institutes or have them developed for them.
- The School of Advanced Professional Studies (SAPS) offers continuing academic education with a focus on technical, scientific or medical skills, management know-how, research expertise and leadership skills. The course offers are tailored to working professionals and facilitate optimised reconciliation with occupational challenges.
- Ulm University supports its students in gaining insights into realistic scenarios of economy and industry through internships as well as graduate and doctoral theses.